St. George’s College (Mussoorie), is one of the premier boarding Schools in Mussoorie, India. A pivotal resolve of the School is to shape leaders and statesmen and to actively contribute to the intellectual wealth and development of the nation.
Saint George College was established in 1853 by the Capuchin Fathers and entrusted to the Society of the Reverend Brothers of St. Patrick (Patrician Brothers of Ireland) in 1894. In 1948, St. Fidelis campus was amalgamated with St. George’s College.
St. George’s College (Mussoorie), is a premier boarding school in Mussoorie, in the state of Uttarakhand, India, affiliated to the ICSE council. The school, an all-boys residential and non-residential institution, spreading over 400 acres (1.6 km2) of land, was founded in 1853 by the Capuchin Fathers and entrusted to the Society of the Brothers of St. Patrick (Ireland) in 1894. It was opened in a cottage known as Manor House; the name by which the campus is still known. The students are known as Manorites.
St. Georges College is an all-boys residential School and affiliated to the Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations, (ICSE) New Delhi. The college is divided into two departments: School Department with classes from IV to X. Students are prepared for the Indian Certificate of Secondary Education at the end of Class X. The College Department has Classes XI and XII and prepares students for the Indian School Certificate Examination. The subjects offered at the +2 level are in the Science and Commerce streams.
Facilities in St.George College Mussoorie
- Auditorium: The Auditorium is a large hall seating over 1000 with a multimedia projector and sound system.
- Computer Labs: St. George ’s College has two huge computer labs with brand new hp computers installed. The labs provide the latest facilities to our students.
- Library: The school has a library named “The Brother Darcy Library” offers more than 10,000 reference books, newspapers, magazines, and Internet access.
- Health Care: The school has its own on-campus health center which provides basic medical aid to the students. The school also has its own ambulance in case of emergencies or medical treatment beyond the scope of the health center. A visiting doctor from Mussoorie also visits the school health center.
- Archives Museum: The St. George’s College Museum showcases the school’s rich history with its vast archives of vintage photographs, objects, documents, and letters. The collection includes a vintage piano, scientific instruments from the 1900s, and photographs dating back to the 1870s.
- Creative Lab: The Creative Lab was set up at St. George’s in collaboration with IMAGEMINDS in 2015. As the name suggests, it is a creative space where the students are exposed to the world of non-lateral thinking and equipped with the requisite techniques to help express themselves in the best productive manner.
- Language Lab: A well- equipped Dance Studio and Music Room
- 24×7 High-Speed Internet: The 24-hour leased-line connection with a speed of 2mbps is a new addition to our campus; students can access the internet during their scheduled timings.
- Sports Facility: The school has three other major fields for football, cricket, hockey, and other games. There are four synthetic tennis courts, two synthetic plastic-coated basketball courts, skating rink used for roller skating and roller hockey and an indoor heated swimming pool. There are several other indoor sports facilities like table tennis room with more than ten tables, well – equipped gymnasium, indoor badminton court, indoor basketball court, billiards or pool room and more for boys to enjoy and stay fit throughout the year, while shooting range and indoor multi-sports complex are the upcoming facilities to be added.
Debating, dramatics, and music are encouraged in the School. Entertainment and instructional films are screened regularly. A number of leisure activities are offered.
Admission in St. George College Mussoorie
Admission is offered to students of all communities, without distinction of caste, creed, color or religion in St. George’s College. Registration entitles a student to appear for the Entrance Test and does not guarantee admission. Admissions are finalized on the basis of the child’s performance in the Entrance Test.
The following documents required for the registration process:
- A Demand Draft for Rs.10,000/- in favor of St. George’s College, Mussoorie, payable at Mussoorie,
- Three recent passport size photographs,
- Birth Certificate
- The latest progress report
- Copy of Aadhar card of the student
- for Classes IV-VI: English and Mathematics.
- for Classes VII-IX: English, Mathematics, and Science.