St Joseph’s College Nainital is a residential school in Nainital, Uttaranchal, India providing public School education at its best. St. Joseph’s College, Nainital has been one of the premier Schools in the country since its inception in 1888. The School is now more than 125 years old and during these years, a very distinguished list of Old Boys have been through the portals of the School. The school is affiliated to ICSE New Delhi.
St. Joseph’s College, is a residential school in Nainital, Uttarakhand established in 1888. The school is affiliated to the Council for the Indian School Certificate Examination, New Delhi. The school offers classes from I to XII. The school is now more than 125 years old and has seven fields, a gymnasium, a basketball court, billiards room, and a swimming pool. The school focuses on the all-round development of students and co-curricular activities are considered as equally important as classroom studies.
Curriculum in St. Joseph College Nainital
English is the medium of instruction and examination in this institution which is affiliated to the Council for the Indian School Certificate Examination, New Delhi. Boys are prepared for the “Indian Certificate of Secondary Education” Examination. The school year extends from March to November and is divided into two terms, ending in June and November.
Facilities in St. Joseph College Nainital
- Laboratories: The school has well-equipped laboratories for Computer, Science & Mathematics respectively where the students bring their learning into practice and explore the knowledge.
- Football Playground: The school offers facilities for varieties of games and sports like Physical Training Athletics, Gymnastics, Basketball, Cricket, Football, Kho-Kho, and Badminton. Various interschool and inter-house sports activities are organized by school from time to time which enhances the physical, cultural and moral development of the students.
- Library: The school has a spacious, very well stocked, open shelf library cum resource center designed to encourage children to develop an interest in a variety of subjects and to allow the facility of research and in-depth study. Students are encouraged to use the library and carry out reference work.
- Snooker Table
- Swimming Pool
Co-Curricular Activities in St. Joseph College Nainital
- The College has six spacious playgrounds on which all of the major games are played tournaments and inter-class, as well as inter-house matches, are played on all but one of the fields: that reserved for the smallest boys.
- All boarders are obliged to participate to the full extent of their ability in the games and other outdoor activities organized by the College as well as in its academic, social and cultural life. exemption from such activities as games, gymnastics, swimming, and athleticism is given but rarely, and then only on medical grounds under certification from the student’s family doctor and that of the medical officers of the College.
- Opportunities for participation in cultural activities as extempore speaking, declamation, debating, dramatics, interclass, verse-speaking and elocution contest, as well as vocal and instrumental music soirees, are provided for all students, both Day-Scholars and boarders.
Admission in St. Joseph College Nainital
All applications for admission should be addressed to the Principal so as to reach him in the month of June or July of the year before which admission is sought and should have appended a stamped, addressed envelope for the reply. Applications for admission received after 31 July will not be entertained. No system of registration a year or more in advance is in existence in this College. Boys are not admitted to class IX or to class X.
Selection Tests for only the two new Classes admitted each year are normally taken: Class 1, (Day Scholars only) and Class 3 (Boarders and Day Scholars). In the event of vacancies which occur from time to time because of unforeseen withdrawals, the principal may, at his discretion admit new students on the basis of their academic performance in other schools and their performance in a selection test which may be conducted by the school.
- Original Birth Registration Certificate
- Transfer Certificate from the last school attended
- Baptism Certificate, when applicable