St Mary’s Senior Secondary School is a co-educational school with classes from LKG to Class XII situated in Bazpur, Udham Singh Nagar. The school is affiliated to CBSE and has a medium of instruction as English. Established in 1965, the school is one of the trusted academic institutions in the area, the school is owned by the Educational society of the Ursulines of Mary Immaculate.
The school aims to impart holistic education to its students that deals with every aspect of a child’s life. Good quality education to nurture young minds with academics and well as extra co-curricular activities is the motto of the school. Extra care is taken to inculcate the character and integrity of a child.
St Mary’s Senior Secondary School Bazpur Curriculum
The School is affiliated to the C.B.S.E Delhi and thus, in the matters of Admission, Textbooks (NCERT), Examination, Scheme of Studies, Attendance and other relevant matters the School ensures very strict adherence to C.B.S.E Curriculum, Bye-Laws, and Guidelines. Under Subjects of Studies, the School offers three languages, viz, English, Hindi, and Sanskrit (till VIII). The learning areas also include Mathematics, Science, Social Science, Work Education, Art Education, Physical Education, Music, and Dance. The School has made value education a compulsory subject for all, to instill in students moral values and to develop National Integrity.
St Mary’s Senior Secondary School Bazpur Features
- Chemistry Lab – Chemistry lab is big and spacious and can accommodate around 30 students at a time. It is well lit and airy keeping in mind the fumes of chemicals and the acids used for experiments. It is well equipped and has the modern infrastructure needed to create and sustain the interest of students.
- Physics Lab – Our Physics lab is well designed, spacious enough to accommodate around 25 students so that they acquire skill and confidence in their measurement with accuracy. Manipulation of materials, tools, u/c instruments, description of observations, ability to rationally defend their conclusions, reporting observations are learned along with informal discussions in the lab.
- Biology Lab – Biology Lab is spacious. It is well equipped with charts, models specimens, etc. Permanent slides include cytology, animal tissues, plant tissues, reproduction, and microorganisms. There is also a garden with flowers, trees and other herbal plants for botanical practicals and a small pond for aquatic studies. Biology lab provides the best place for students to learn the topics by doing it.
- Computer Lab – Computer lab is the place where we transform students into personalities who are well equipped to face the challenges of technically heavily loaded environments of the modern world. Through programming methodologies, we help them to develop sound reasoning power for achieving a logical solution to any problem.
- Library – A well-stocked library is provided to the young minds to broaden their horizons. The latest books on various subjects and a good number of magazines are available based on the subjects taught.
Admission in St Mary’s Senior Secondary School Bazpur
Admission in any class depends on vacancies available and is based on tests in subjects: English, Hindi, Maths, Science, S.St in the standard immediately below for which admission is sought and on interviews with both parents and the candidate on the merit basis. Proper certificates with the names of the candidates and his/her parents must be submitted along with copies, and no affidavits will be accepted. The parents of students class I and above should submit a T.C countersigned by a competent educations officer.