Summerfield School is one of the best CBSE boarding Schools of Dehradun. The school is located in sylvan surroundings on the western edge of the Doon Valley tucked between the Garhwal Himalayas in the North and the Shivalik ranges in the south. The school is located on NH 123, 36km from Dehradun railway station. The school is affiliated to the CBSE, New Delhi up to Class-XII.
Summerfield School is located on NH 123, 36km from Dehradun railway station. The river Yamuna, in all its sparkling glory, flows 1.5km from the school. The hill stations of Mussoorie and Chakrata are in close proximity.
Summerfield School was founded in 1987 in order to provide quality public school pattern education in rural areas. The school proudly celebrates 25 years of its existence in 2012. 18 batches of class X students and 5 batches of class 12 students have passed out successfully bringing laurels to this institution. Students of Summerfield are doing well for themselves in the fields of Medicine, Engineering, Armed Forces, Industry and Services in India and abroad.
Facilities in Summerfield School, Dehradun
- Smart Class: The school was among the first few CBSE schools of Dehradun to provide smart class facilities. Teaching and learning have acquired a new dimension with the installation of the Smart class DTS for all subjects from classes Nursery to 12.
- Science Laboratories: The Science Stream exists at the Senior Secondary level and hence the school has Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology Labs fully equipped as per CBSE norms.
- Library: The school has a well-stocked library with about 10,000 books pertaining to all streams and subjects. Classroom libraries ensure that students develop the reading habit at an early age.
- Games & Sports: The school has various facilities that exist for football, basketball, handball, volleyball, cricket, badminton, athletics, yoga, and martial arts. The School has a talented team of PTI’s to train the young sportsmen.
- Computer Lab: The school has a state of the art computer laboratory. Students are given free access to the use of computers from class 1 onwards. Internet facilities are also accessible to residential students to prepare their assignments.
Co-curricular Activities in Summerfield School, Dehradun
The school patronizes the SPICMCAY which regularly sends world-renowned artists and performers of various classical music and dance forms to perform in the school. The students also bring to stage various folk music and dance forms in an annual event called The Evening of Song and Dance. Besides this, the students take a keen interest in staging plays and conducting literary events like debate, declamation, recitation and public speaking. Exhibitions are held to display concepts and models pertaining to various subjects fabricated by the students themselves.
Admission Process in Summerfield School, Dehradun
If there is a vacancy in the desired class, the child will be registered for the admission test. The child will be given admission only after passing the written test. In case the child fails to qualify the written test, the registration fee will not be refunded. Registration is no guarantee for admission.
- Some seats are reserved for the children of our martyred, disabled, serving and retired soldiers in various classes, subject to availability at the start of the session.
- There is no reservation for the children of civilians. They will get admission if there is a vacancy in the desired class.
For Day Scholars
- Day scholars are given a written test before the admission, which they have to pass.