Affiliated to CBSE, The Royal College is a Co-Educational, Day boarding cum residential School imparting education to the students of Class Nursery to XII. The school is situated at Rajawala (Dumet), at the foot of the Shivalik – amongst whistling woods spread over an area of 25 acres, near Baarwala, Dak Pathar at a distance of 50 Km from Dehradun city.
Spread over 25 acres, The Royal College has magnificent, spacious and well – ventilated buildings surrounded by lush green fields. There are spacious well-lit classrooms of 25 x 20 sq.ft. accommodating only 25 students so that each and every student can be observed personally by a highly qualified and dedicated teacher to inculcate the interest in academics.
Smart Classes equipped with Teach Next Modules enhances the knowledge level and eases the syllabi.
Curriculum in Royal College, Dehradun
A well defined CBSE curriculum is followed in Royal College Dehradun. Science & Commerce streams at Sr-Secondary level has provision for special coaching for IIT & Medical by well trained gold medallist staff.
Special attention is paid to monitor progress registered by every child. Concepts are taught by an interactive and practical approach. Emphasis is laid on activity-based learning so that the children could be induced to discover their inner potential as much as possible. It is made mandatory for all the members of the School to communicate only in English.
Facilities in Royal College, Dehradun
- Classroom: There are spacious well-lit classrooms of 25 x 20 sq.ft. accommodating only 25 students so that each and every student can be observed personally by a highly qualified and dedicated teacher to inculcate the interest in academics.
- Smart Classes: Smart classrooms include features like audio/video demonstration or support for teaching staff while conducting classes. Smart classrooms offer seamless integration of technology with the academic curriculum thereby resulting in enhanced results.
- Laboratories: The school is justifiably proud of the state of the art laboratories to provide excellent facilities in Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics, and Computer science. School is having ultra-modern labs equipped with the latest technology which enables the student to get acquainted with all scientific principles.
- Library: Well maintained and updated Library with more than 4000 books, Encyclopedias, Scientific Journals, Periodicals, which rejuvenate and develop thinking skills of students and keep them up to the mark in all current affairs and latest scientific inventions.
- Audio-Visual Room: 25×25 ft audio-visual room is there for seminar presentations by the students to inculcate the orating skills and leadership qualities.
- Auditorium: For Inter House literary activities and indoor competitions being held in School from time to time a mini auditorium facilitate the students with its dimensions.
- Playground: School is having a 400 m track playground with facilities for all the games.
Extra-Curricular Activities in Royal College Dehradun
- Inter-house literary and cultural competitions are held throughout the term in order to develop the inborn talents of students. Children spend their leisure time in a positive and productive manner by enjoying music, dance, horse-riding, roller skating, Cricket, lawn tennis, trekking, swimming, English Theater, etc.
Admission in Royal College, Dehradun
Admission is open to children of all communities depending on the vacancies in the class without distinctions of caste, creed, color or religion, depending on the in the class. The principal reserves the right to admit the child into the class deemed suitable for him. Admissions are on the basis of an assessment & merit.
Every child registered has to quality an assessment held in February of the year in which admission is sought. Submission of the registration form with a passport size photograph of the student is the first step of admission. Registration does not confirm admission.
Documents required at time of admission
- Copy of birth certificate from Municipality.
- Original Transfer certificate from the school last attended.
- Medical fitness certificate from Govt. Hospital.
- Attested copy of the mark sheet of the previous school.
- Passport size photograph of the student.
- passport size photograph of each parent and local guardian.