Burphu Dhura is a Himalayan mountain peak situated in the Pithoragarh district of Uttarakhand. It is situated at the end ridge over the Kalabaland Glacier in the eastern part of the district, left to the Milam Glacier. This peak lies in the Panchchuli region of peaks.
This peak was first ascended successfully in 2000 from south side by Indian expedition team of Loveraj Dharmashaktu, Balwant Singh Kapkoti and Ramesh led by Wing Commander S S Puri.
The Burphu Dhura peak has two approaches:
- From the Kalabaland glacier above the icefall
- From Burphu village in the Milam valley
HOW TO REACH
The nearest place which is accessible through motorable road is Munsiyari. This place is starting point of many treks into the Kumaon Himalayas.
- ROAD: Munsiyari is very well connected to all the important town and cities in the Kumaon region of Uttarakhand. Buses and taxis are easily available from Kathgodam, the major transport junction for the Kumaun Hills.
- RAIL: Ramnagar railway station is the nearest railway station from Munsiyari from where you can commute to all important cities. You can take a bus, taxi or any other mode of transport to reach here.
- AIR: Pantnagar Airport is the closest airport from Munsiyari located at a distance of about 188 kilometers. With the available means of transport you can easily reach the airport which is well maintained and ensures convenience.