About Hotel Camp Highlands in Rishikesh
Camp Highlands is situated away from the crowded and run of the mills camps at Rishikesh and Shivpuri. The Greatwhite camps are best suited for youths and corporate groups. There is a large patch of land adjacent to the camp to conduct team building activities. Basic arrangements for conferencing and brain storming sessions can also be made on request.
Season for Camping and Rafting: October to May
Camp Highlands Fact sheet
- Camp Highlands is a riverside camp, with a private beach, and tents are pitched up in the forest area. [tents are not on sand]
- Camp is located at one of the most exclusive sites on the banks of river Ganga, and the main reason behind this is its distance from noisy traffic of the highway.
- Camp is about half-a-kilometer from the road head (highway), across the river, amidst the scenic beauty of Rajaji national Park.
- Approach to the camp is a good 15 min walk through the thick forest cover in a hilly terrain (downhill on arrival, uphill on departure). Participants are expected to carry their belongings themselves; so travel light.
- Camp is just 15 kms away from Shivpuri.
- There is no electricity in the camp.[lanterns are provided at the camp. Flash torch is a must]
- Camp is best suited for corporate groups, family groups, fishing groups, schools.
- Camp is not meant for elderly clients (50 years and above) because of the approach.
Things to bring?
- One Flash Torch (this is a must).
- Pair of Bermudas or Shorts, T-Shirts
- Sunscreen lotion / moisturizing lotion
- Sports shoes, Slippers / Floaters [soft soled with strap] for rafting
- Caps and Sunglasses
- Personal toiletry items, towel and medication
- Alcoholic beverages (if you booze)
Location of Hotel Camp Highlands
Greatwhite Camp Highlands is located at one of the most exclusive sites on the banks of river Ganga, amidst the scenic beauty of Rajaji national Park. The Highland Camp is located 15 kms away from Shivpuri and 27 Kms from Rishikesh next to the biggest rapid on River Ganges "The Wall". Camp has an exclusive beach and tents are pitched up on grassy land amidst thick forest.
There are 3 different types of accommodation in Camp Highlands on the Wall and it can accommodate upto 150 participants on any given day. Safari tents: On twin/triple share, Alpine tents: 12 X 12 ft tents can accommodate upto 8 people with ground beddings, or upto 4 cots. Dome tents (Expedition tents): On twin share with ground beddings and sleeping bags.
Camp has both western flush as well as dry pit based environment friendly toilets. Basic facilities such as wash basins, bathrooms etc are also available.
Dining in Camp Highlands, Rishikesh
A fully equipped kitchen with a cooking staff which is experienced in outdoor kitchens is available at Great white Camp Highlands. All meals are served here in buffet style.
Typical meals at the camp
Breakfast: (Continental / Indian) Bread, Butter, Jam, Porridge, Cornflakes, Eggs (boiled/omelette), Dahi, Pudi-Bhaji, Aalu-paratha
Lunch: (Indian) Dal / Rajma, 2 vegetables, Rice, Chappati, Salad, Fruits
Dinner: (Indian) Dal / Rajma, 1 seasonal vegetable, 1 paneer based vegetable, 1 non-veg dish, Rice, Chappati, Salad, Sweet Dish
Activities at Camp Highlands
Rafting - There are many sections one can choose from between Kaudiyala to Rishikesh (total 32 kms). The whole section is of III+ grading. Typically we give rafting from Camp to Shivpuri (17 kms) that also including the Wall rapid, or Marine Drive to Rishikesh (22 kms)
Rappelling - Camp has an exclusive rock face for rappelling. We possess in-house expertise of elite and qualified manpower that can provide a very safe and exciting experience.
Angling / Fishing - We can provide permits for fishing/angling on the river Ganga with our camp as base.
Cliff jump [complementary] - Can only be done during rafting stretch of Shivpuri to Rishikesh.
Trekking [complementary] - Camp has access to short hikes in the Rajaji National Park.
Beach Volleyball [complementary] - We have the entire beach for activities and games. Beach volleyball is the most preferred option.
Swimming / Body surfing [complementary] - We provide life jackets to every one for swimming at our natural lagoon near the beach area.
How to Reach Hotel Camp Highlands in Rishikesh
Camp Highlands is 27 kms from Rishikesh on Rishikesh-Badrinath highway (NH 58). Around 26 kms from Rishikesh, you will reach Byasi (a small hamlet on the highway), 1 km after crossing Byasi, you will find a chain of shops and dhabas on your right hand side. The last in the row is a restaurant by the name GANGA DARSHAN, please park your vehicle there and ask someone from the restaurant to guide you with the way. Camp is a 400 mts walk from this restaurant. Carry your belongings and start walking.
Note: Carry only the things that you might need for your stay in the camp, remaining things you can leave in your vehicle only.