About Abbotsford Hotel in NainitalAbbotsford is a heritage hotel in Nainital with historical background. This heritage property is open all Year Round and offering visitors a royal treatment in Nainital.
You can enjoy the beautiful Sun rise from the opposite mountain range from Hotel Abbotsford. You can also visit The State Observatory (1951 mtrs) devoted to optical tracking of artificial earth satellites and Naina (China) Peak, the highest peak in Nainital, 2160 meters high commands the finest view of the snow clad Himalayas.
History of Abbotsford
Built in 1876 the property was called Abbotsford Lodge owned by an Englishman, John Hope Simpson, Esquire of the Indian Civil Service in the erstwhile United Province of Agra and Oudh. Bought in 1903 by the Prasadas it was rechristened - Prasada Bhawan.
Location of Hotel Abbotsford
Abbotsford house is located in away from the hustle bustle of Nainital. It is perched among the dense forest where you feel the nature at its best. It is just ahead of Hotel Vikram Vintage, near OAK PARK, above ATI ( Administrative Training Institute).
Abbotsford House: Interiors are a taste full mix of high wooden ceilings; tinned roof and pinewood flooring that give the perfect feel of the classic mountain house. Decorating the halls and catching the eye of the visitor are the many fascinating art deco items that reflect the exotic and sophisticated taste of it’s owners from different times. Antiquarian items from different ages and different parts of the world adorn the house, like Italian marble busts, garden statues, Afghani and Jail carpets, wedge wood plate hangings, swords, muskets and much more.
The Abbotsford House have 4 Rooms and 1 Suite. The Wordsworth Cottage have 2 Rooms and 1 Suite.
- Suites: The suites are full of natural light. Antique and contemporary furniture compliments the contrasting cool powder pink and golden walls of the rooms. Seasoned pinewood covers the floors, and the rooms have a fabulous view of the peaks and the sounds of chirping birds and rustling trees.
- Junior Rooms: Junior suites are spacious and luxurious. They can be used together with the master suites for one family or be used individually.
- Bath & Amenities: All our rooms are individually heated and equipped with cable TV. Bathrooms are decorated either with colorful Vietri tiles. All have a shower and are scented with the essence of products of Forest Essentials.
Activities at Abbotsford
- Cards/ Board Games, Reading, Play The Piano, Bonfire In The Garden, Bar-Be-Que On Request
Abbotsford Tariff Rate Card
|AbbotsFord House Accommodation Type||CP Plan|
|WordsWorth Cottage Accommodation Type||CP Plan|
|Hill Room 1||6999|
|Hill Room 2||3999|
Extra Bed Charges : 1600/- (MAP)
Tariff Validity : 31 Mar 2016 (Please contact the hotel for latest prices)
- Sailing season commences each year from April 15th to June 15th. And then from September 15th till the end November.
- Golf course situated in the premises of the Governors Estate is open throughout the year. Golfers are requested to carry their own Golf sets for play.
- Above rates valid for Christmas & New Year Period
- Breakfast is served from 8.00 to 10.00 am, lunch from 12.30 to 2.30 pm and dinner from 8 to 10 pm.
Extras Charges for
- Picnics/Barbeque/Bonfire/Golf /Sailing/Walks
- Entry to the Boat House Club, Room Service, Laundry, massage etc.
How to Reach Hotel Abbotsford in Nainital
BY PLANE: The nearest airport Pantnagar is 71 km away from Nainital. Regular flights, buses and taxis to Nainital are available from Delhi Upon request, a private car will come to pick you up and whisk you to Nainital in approximately one hour and a half.
BY CAR: Take the highway NH 87, 6 hour journey (326 km) from Delhi. Best time to leave is early morning