About Van Serai - Forest lodge in Jageshwar
Van Serai at Jageshwar is a perfect place to stay and explore the Jageshwar Dham Temples. It is one the best accommodation of all the hotels in Jageshwar and offers great stay options to travellers on a pilgrimage tour or on a Himalayan Safari. The other options of accommodations exist in Almora which is 32 km away.
Van Serai is big enough to accommodate a large group yet small enough to get that personal touch of a home-stay or boutique hotel. Guests can unwind on the terrace of Van Serai, soaking in the morning sun with a hot cup of freshly brewed coffee and their favorite book. Gazing into the Deodar forest, one can spot birds that are happily confined, by their own will, to this area.
Some of Key features of Van Serai Hotel
- Few minutes form the Himalayan Jageshwar temple complex
- Surrounded by beautiful deodar woodlands
- Serene ambience for yoga and meditation
- Perfect for Nature walks and birding
- Explore traditional Kumaoni village life
- Satvik homemade traditional Indian food from our Kumaon Kitchen
Location of Hotel Van Serai
Just at the entrance of the sleepy town of Jageshwar, jutting out inconspicuously from a hilltop is the enchanting lodge of Van Serai.
There are 5 double rooms in Van Serai eco-lodge with all modern facilities, made in the form of traditional Kumaoni homes. All the rooms and common areas have been designed keeping in tune with the local architectural feel. Big verandas in the front and back have been specially created to let the guests enjoy the greenery and make the most of the warm sunshine bathing the lodge.
Two of the double rooms are with attics that can comfortably double up as a sleeping area for two more people. Decorated with handpicked artefacts and furnishings, every room has its own unique character and look.
Dining in Van Serai, Jageshwar
Jageshwar being a pilgrimage site, the hotel serve only vegetarian food. The fresh spices and vegetables from the village are used for cooking meals. A varied selection of Kumaoni and north Indian cuisine in buffets and thalis (fixed menu platters) are available for resident and non-resident guests. Picnic Tiffin for guests wanting to go on long nature walks, birding or to explore the local village are also provided.
Meals are served in the beautiful dining room encased with glass on one side through which you can get an unparallel view of the forest and snow capped mountain peaks. The big fireplace in the middle of the room keeps you warm as you savour delectable homemade food.
Van Serai Tariff Rate Card
|Accommodation Type||MAP Plan - Per Day|
|Single Room (Small rooms – one side room on the first floor and the other one of the second floor)||3500|
|Double/Twin Room (2 rooms on the ground floor & one side room on the first floor)||4500|
|Double Room (2 rooms on the first floor with best views)||5500|
Taxes Payable : 8.5 %
Tariff Validity : 31 Mar 2016 (Please contact the hotel for latest prices)
- All tariffs are on per night basis and are in Indian rupees.
- Rates subject to change without notice.
- Group rates will be given on request
- The entire Van Serai lodge of 7 rooms can be rented on self-cooking basis.
- Meals will not be included in the price.
- The guests may get their own provisions & supplies of food.
- The in-house staff will help in cooking and in housekeeping.
- The kitchen is equipped with cooking and dining utensils.
- The restaurant may be used by the occupants of the lodge for dining.
- Should you wish to avail this option, please write to us and we will quote you the price.
- An advance of 100% is required
- Please note all meals served are vegetarian
Cancellation for all tariffs and Packages
- Less than 15 days before arrival date - No Refund
- Less than 21 days before arrival date - 50% Refund
- Less than 30 days before arrival date - 75%
- No Refund in case of road block, accidents, no show etc.
- 50% of the total refundable amount (as per the above policy) will be released after cancellation and balance 50% will be adjust into the future bookings only
How to Reach Hotel Van Serai in Jageshwar
Jageshwar is just 34 km by road from Almora, 87 kms from Abbott Mount and 100 Kms from Pithorgarh, the nearest railway station is at Kathgodam, 135 km away. Many buses and taxis ply regularly from Kathgodam and Haldwani. One can also come via Nainital, which is 100 km southwest of Jageshwar.
Driving towards Jageshwar from Kathgodam is itself a nature treat with wonderful experience. As you drive along, at the turn off at Artola, the road is slowly engulfed by the Deodar trees and before you know it, the mist combined with the thick forest give the feeling of entering a whole new world.