About Ayush Guest House in Almora
Ayush guest house is a charming self catering guest house with cottages located in the beautiful valley of Paparsali. The Guest House is tucked in a valley filled with birdsongs, away from the crowded Almora town. A short stroll through towering deodar trees leads you to the guest house which has organic vegetables in the garden. This is a perfect getaway spot for birdwatchers, meditations and artists.
Ayush Guest House is a charming collection of self-catering cottages located in the beautiful valley of Balta Badi, over the ridge from Paparsali. As one walks over the ridge, the breathtaking sight of the Majestic Himalayas also comes into view. Various mountain peaks of India, Tibet and Nepal can all be seen from this vantage point.
Location of Hotel Ayush Guest House
Ayush Guest House is located in the valley of Balta Badi, only 5 kms from the town of Almora on the main Almora-Binsar Road.
Ayush Guest house near Almora offers accommodation in various cottages. All the cottages are tastefully decorated with well-equipped kitchen off the living area and a bathroom with a hot water geyser system and a western style toilet. Most of the cottages offers breathtaking views of valleys and Himalayas.
- Radha Cottage: charming cottage with a comfortable living area with a wood stove fire-place. It has 1 double bed and a sofa, suitable for a small family, singles or couples.
- KingFisher Cottage: lovely cottage with separate bedroom and living area. The bedroom has 2 double beds. The living area, which is carpeted and has bamboo furniture, also has an open fire-place.
- Krishna Cottage: little cottage with 1 double bed. This is perfect for a single person but also suitable for a couple. It consists of 1 room with authentic Kumaoni mud walls and has an attached bathroom with a hot water geyser system and an Indian style toilet.
- Lark Cottage: stylish spacious cottage, consisting of one large room with a king-size double bed. There is tiled flooring throughout with many wooden features and a large stone open fire-place. TV is available in this cottage.
- SnowFinch Cottage: 2 storey cottage, tastefully designed in a French Gite style, with mezzanine, creating 2 levels. It has authentic Kumaoni mud walls and many wooden features throughout, including wooden floors and stairway. There is a large open fire-place downstairs and also, 2 small open fire-places upstairs. There is also a patio outside with stone seating area. TV is available at this cottage. SnowFinch is situated at the highest level of our property, resulting in breathtaking views of the Himalayas and the beautiful valley below.
- Devi Cottage: natural cottage with tasteful authentic Kumaoni mud walls and a wooden floor. It has an open plan design with 2 double beds.
- The Nest: consists of 4 rooms with a surrounding landscaped garden. Each room has many wooden features, including wooden floors, and authentic Kumaoni mud walls.Tea and coffee making facilities are available and the rooms have plenty of storage space. Each room has a flat screen TV and wiFi coverage exists throughout The Nest.
Dining in Ayush Guest House, Almora
Ayush Guesthouse has recently opened a restaurant in a 2 storey building, connected by a wooden staircase. You can also cook for yourself in the fully stocked kitchen with twin gas hob or have meals catered to you by the family at Ayush Guest House. Tea and coffee making facilities are provided.
- The bathroom has hot water shower and an eco friendly Indian styled toilet.
- Computer with Broadband internet and WiFi, Well stocked library and a selection of movies
Activities at Ayush Guest House
Village Walks and Treks to local attractions can be arranged for guests.
- Paparsali to Chitai Temple (Half Day)
- Paparsali to Pedsal via Nani (half day)
- Paparsali to Vidya Jageshwar via Jageshwar (full day)
Ayush Guest House Tariff Rate Card
|7 Day and 6 Nights Stay
|Snow Finch Cottage
Tariff Validity : 31 Mar 2016 (Please contact the hotel for latest prices)
LONG TERM Stay: While all our guests are provided with a full gas cylinder on arrival, refuels are at your own cost. Our cottages are also metered and electricity is charged to long term guests. Please contact us to discuss your long term stay, generous discounts are available.
How to Reach Hotel Ayush Guest House in Almora
Note: It is recommended that guests call at the hotel when they arrive at Almora so that they can be met on the main road. From Almora drive to Paparsali, heading towards Kasar Devi, on the Binsar Road and stop at Tara Store (opposite the arched entrance to Eco-Park) where Raju or one of the porters will be waiting to meet you. Ayush Guest House is a short ten minute walk, over the ridge and down into the valley.
By Road: Almora is well connected by motorable roads with major cities of northern India. Buses to Kathgodam and Almora can be taken from ISBT Anand Vihar, Delhi. Taxis to Almora are easily available in Kumaon region, the distance from Delhi to Almora is 365 kms if you travel via Moradabad and Bilaspur. This distance can be easily covered in 9-10 hours of time.
By Rail: Kathgodam is the nearest railway station to Almora guest house situated at a distance of 87 kms. Kathgodam is well connected with major destinations of India like Lucknow, Delhi and Kolkata. If you wish, the hotel can also arrange a taxi to pick you up at the train station.
By Air: The nearest airport for Almora is Pantnagar. Pantnagar Airport is situated 119 kms from Ayush Guest House. Taxis are available to Nainital, Haldwani and Almora from Pant Nagar Airport. Buses are available from Haldwani, Kathgodam and Nainital to Almora.