Places to See in Chakrata
There are quite a few sightseeing and places of interest in and around Chakrata which can be visited by tourists in a day. The famous Tiger Falls is a must-visit place, where after plunges from a height of 300 feet. Deoban is another picturesque place to visit. These hidden gems in the vicinity are some of the most pristine, unpolluted and serene gifts of nature to us. These picturesque and breathtaking tourist spots are near Chakrata, which are famous for natural splendour, offering panoramic views of valleys and Himalayas.
Following is the list popular tourist places in Chakrata.
There are 14 tourist spots in Chakrata where travellers can spent their leisure time. Here you will find list of all the Chakrata sightseeing options which you must visit and plan your itinerary accordingly. Explore the hidden gems of Chakrata through this well-researched list, learn about the most happening places, things to do, famous picnic spots for a memorable vacation in Chakrata.
Other Places to see around Chakrata are:
Mundali, Kimona Water Fall, Moigad Fall, Budher Forest and Budher Cave, Thana Danda Peak, Tiuni, Jagatram and Kandhar
Things to Do (Activities) in Chakrata
- Hiking – There are ample opportunities for hiking and nature walks in Chakrata. These hiking trails takes one through undulating valleys, hushed hamlets, and conifers and oak forests and offers some enchanting views of the hills in the vicinity.
- Village Tourism – The village trails in and around Chakrata takes one through the isolated Jaunsari villages which are known for their unique wooden architecture. Makhti Pokhari is another village near Chakrata that offers unparallel views of the undulating valleys. One can learn about the customs, festivals and way of life of the villagers.
- Camping – Since there are not many accommodation options at Chakrata, backpackers usually prefer camping out in the open under the sky. Tents can be availed don rent or can be brought by the tourists themselves. There are plenty of level ground close to nature where one can set up camps in the company of his family and friends.
- Horse Riding: It can be done to Forest Check Post and back from Chakrata
Fairs and Festivals in Chakrata Region
- Maroj in January
- Aathon in March
- Bisu ki Sankrati in April
- Khainda Sankrant in May
- Paancho in July
- Jaatra in August
- Nurai in September
- Diai in November