How to Reach Nainital
- Been to Nainital? Please Rate it:
Nainital Getting There - How To Reach
By Air: Pant Nagar Airport is situated in Uttarakhand state and is one of the two airports of Uttarakhand. Pant Nagar is the nearest airport to Kathgodam and Nainital as well. It is situated 72kms from Nainital and is well connected by motorable roads. Taxis to Nainital and Kathgodam are easily available from Pant Nagar Airport. Indira Gandhi International Airport, New Delhi is 300 Km.
By Rail: Kathgodam is the nearest railway station to Nainital, situated at a distance of 41kms. Kathgodam is well connected by Railway networks with major destinations of India like Lucknow, Delhi and Kolkata. Trains are frequent to Kathgodam as it is the gateway of Kumaon region. There are two trains that run daily between Delhi to Kathgodam and vice-versa. Kathgodam is the nearest railhead to Nainital. Nainital is only one hour drive 41kms from Kathgodam Railway Station. Buses and Taxis are easily available to Nainital from Kathgodam.
- 5013B Ranikhet Exp departing 22:40 evening from Old Delhi reaching Kathgodam Railway Station by Evening reaching 5:45 Early morning
- 5035 Uttarakhand Sampark Kranti Express departing 16:00 afternoon Old Delhi reaching Kathgodam Railway Station 22:35 evening.
- 3019 Bagh Express from Kolkata/Howrah to Kathgodam reaching at 9:30 morning.
- 5308 Nainital Express from Lucknow City to Lal kuan reaching at 6:10 early morning.
- 5311 Kumaon Express from Mathura to Lal kuan reaching at 8:20 morning.
- 5013A Ranikhet Exp departing 22:40 evening from Old Delhi reaching Ramnagar Railway Station 5:00 Early morning.
*Note: The train number, name, timing to Nainital (Kathgodam) are subject to change without prior notice. Please check the Indian Railways Official website or IRCTC for latest and correct train timing and for online train ticket booking to Kathgodam, Ramnagar and Lal Kuan Railway Station.
By Road: Nainital is well connected by motorable roads with major destinations of northern India. Nainital is only one hour drive from Kathgodam which is spread on the hills of the lower Himalayan range. You can take taxi or bus from Kathgodam to reach Nainital. Most number of tourists who visit Nainital commences their journey from New Delhi. The distance between Delhi to Nainital is 320kms which can be covered by 9hour drive, Nainital is connected with NH87. Buses to Nainital are available from ISBT Anand Vihar. Buses and Taxis are available from all major destination of Garhwal and Kumaon region as Nainital is one of the frequently visited hill station of India.