Location of Kartikswami
Kartik Swami temple can be reached through a mild 3 kms trek from Kanakchauri village, which is on the Rudraprayg-Pokhri route, just 40 kms from Rudraprayag.
Distance Chart to Kartik Swami:
Following is the distance to Kanakchauri village from important destinations; you can add 3 kms of trek from here.
- Delhi to Kartikswami: 405 Kms
- Haridwar to Kartikswami: 205 Kms
- Rishikesh to Kartikswami: 175 Kms
- Dehradun to Kartikswami: 220 Kms
- Devprayag to Kartikswami: 105 Kms
- Rudraprayag to Kartikswami: 40 Kms
- Chamoli to Kartikswami: 110 Kms
- Joshimath to Kartikswami: 170 kms
- Auli to Kartikswami: 180 kms
- Chopta to Kartikswami (via Syalsaur): 80 Kms
- Ukhimath to Kartikswami: 62 Kms
How to reach Kartik Swami
From Rudraprayag: You can take a shared Jeep from Rudraprayag to Kanakchauri, which is the cheapest and best option. Shared jeeps takes around Rs 50 from Rudraprayag to Kanakchauri. Though there are some bus service from Rudraprayag to Pokhri via Kanakchauri but its timings are quite odd for tourists.
Note: It takes less than 2 hours to reach Kanakchauri from Rudraprayag. The road route to Kanakchauri from Rudraprayag is extremely scenic offering views of snow clad Himalayas and valley views.
Route from Delhi (NCR): Delhi - Meerut - Haridwar - Rishikesh - Devprayag - Rudraprayag - Saterakhal - Dursasar - Khadpatia - Ghimtoli - Kanakchauri (trek to the temple starts from here)
While coming from Chopta, Ukhimath or Kedarnath: You can take shared jeep from Chandrapuri to reach Kanakchauri, from there there is a trek of 3 kms to Kartikswami temple. The road from Kanakchauri is connected to the roads of Kedarnath, Chopta and Badrinath, so you can visit temple without taking a detour.
- Best time to visit Kartikswami is from October till June. One gets clear 360 degree views of the snow clad Himalayan peaks during October-November.
- Kartikswami doesn’t have accommodation options, you can stay at Kanakchauri Village at Mayadeep Holiday Home or stay at any hotel in Rudraprayag.
Kartik Swami is famous for?
Kartik Swami is famous among tourist as Temple and Treks.
Kartik Swami is recommended destination for Corporates, Couples, Family and Kids, Foreigners, Groups, Solo.
Kartik Swami is popular destination for following activities/ interests - Hiking, Pilgrimage, Temples, Trekking, Weekend Getaway.